How To Make A Complaint

If you’re not happy with a service or experience you’ve had you may want to raise a complaint. We always aim to provide the highest level of service to all of our customers, but we understand that this isn’t always possible. We also know that the best way to learn and improve our service is to listen to our customers.  For this reason, we welcome complaints as an opportunity for us to improve.

You can read about our complaints process below and download our Complaints Policy for more information.


Who can complain?
  • Anyone that receives a service from us can raise a complaint
  • Includes our residents; leaseholders; 
    people who are applying for housing with us; or any organisations that receive a service from us

Help with raising a complaint

If you’re not able to raise a complaint with us yourself, you can ask someone to raise the complaint on your behalf. This could be a friend, relative or professional like someone from the Citizens Advice service.


Ways of making a complaint

You can make a complaint in writing, by email, online, over the telephone or face to face with a member of our staff.


What we do when we receive a complaint

Our Customer Service Team will let you know that we’ve received your complaint within 2 working days.  They may want to speak to you about your complaint so that they can find the best solution to the problem you’ve had.


Who deals with complaints

A member of the Customer Service Team will take ownership of your complaint and will be your point of contact. They’ll carry out a thorough investigation for you and always keep you updated.


How long will it take to receive a response?

We’ll make sure you receive a written response within 10 working days. If for any reason we can’t meet this target, we’ll let you know and agree an extended date with you.


Unsatisfied with the response?

If you’re not happy with the response you get to your complaint, you’ll have 10 days to get back in touch with us to explain the reasons why you’re not happy. You’ll need to tell us why you weren’t happy with our original reply and how you would like to see the complaint resolved. If we don’t hear from you in this time you’re complaint will be closed and we’ll confirm this to you in writing.

If you do contact us, you’re complaint will be moved onto the second stage of our complaint procedures.


Who will deal with the complaint at this point?

Your complaint will be passed to the relevant Head of Service for them to review. We’ll let you know who this is within 2 working days of your telling us that you’re not happy.

The Head of Service will review the original response that you were sent and will send you their response within 10 working days.  If for any reason they can’t meet this target, we’ll be sure to let you know and agree an extended date with you.


What if I’m still not happy?

If you’re not happy with the response you receive from the head of service you can contact a designated person for help in resolving you complaint.

Who is a designated person?

  • any MP in England
  • any Councillor from the local authority for their area

The designated person will try to help you resolve the complaint. This could be by trying to resolve the complaint themselves or by referring it to the Housing Ombudsman.

If you do not wish to contact a designated person, you can refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. You’ll need to wait until 8 weeks after you received our complaint response. 

It’s important to remember that you need to have followed our complaint procedure before you can do this. 

You can contact the ombudsman at:

Housing Ombudsman Service

81 Aldwych




Telephone – 0300 111 3000

Fax – 020 7381 1942

Email –

Web –



When any complaints are closed, we’ll always encourage our customers to tell us about their experience. This helps us to improve and develop the service we provide all of our customers.

For more details about how we deal with complaints please read our Complaints Policy