Aids & Adaptations

We understand that sometimes it may become more difficult to live in your home. This might be because you or a member of your family become older or suffer from a disability. When this happens, we may be able to arrange and pay for the cost of making smaller adaptations in your home, to make it easier for you to live there. This could include building a ramp to your front door or installing handrails.

For larger or more complex changes, you’ll need to speak to your doctor about arranging for an occupational therapist from your local authority's Social Services department to visit and assess your home. They will be able to give you advice on whether you need any specific equipment.

Depending on your circumstances, your local authority may be able to help with the cost of major adaptations.

If you find that your home needs lots of changes, you may feel that it's better to move to another home. If that's the case, then we can give you advice on this and discuss what options are available to you.

 Click here to read our full Aids and Adaptations Policy

For more minor adaptations (i.e. installing hand-rails in your home), we can arrange for a trusted assessor to visit your home and discuss if a minor adapatation can be agreed for your property.


To request a minor adaptation, please use the form below:

Aids and Adaptation Request

Note: Questions marked by * are mandatory